Adding sensors automatically
The sensors are automatically added after they have been connected with the io-key. No further action is required. The sensor dashboard is also created automatically and can be changed later.
Info: All sensors for which their IODD can be found on the website https://ioddfinder.io-link.com/#/ automatically connect to the io-key cloud.
Adding sensors manually
If the driver of your IO-Link-capable sensor cannot be found on https://ioddfinder.io-link.com/#/, your io-key cannot recognise the sensor. In this case proceed as follows:
- Contact the sensor manufacturer
- Ask him to send you the IO-Link Device Description (IODD) of the IO-Link-capable sensor as a .ZIP file
- Navigate to the “Configuration” item in the cockpit on your io-key cloud and to the “IODD Repository” item
- Click “Add IODD” (at the top right)
- A pop-up window opens in which you can either drag the received file by drag and drop or navigate to this file on your computer
- Your IO-Link-capable sensor is now displayed automatically (after repeated connection) in the cockpit
Info: Please make sure to upload the entire .ZIP file. After having selected it, the zipped driver is automatically uploaded and the IODD displayed.