The following explains two methods to change your password or to request it:
Changing the password
Proceed as follows to change your password:
- Click the “User button” on the right in the top bar and select “User settings” from the context menu.
- Click “Change password” in the “Edit user” window.
- Enter a password and confirm it.
- Click “Save” to save your inputs.
Make sure to select a strong password. A password strength indicator is displayed for support while you change the password.
Resetting the password
Proceed as follows if you have forgotten your password:
- Go to the login page and click “Forgot password?”.
- Enter your email address in the following dialog and click “Reset password”.
- Find the email from email@example.com (or the email from your io-key partner) containing a password link in your email account.
- Click on this link and set a new password.
Info: The link for resetting your password is valid for one day only.
Automated resetting of your password only works if your email address is stored in your user account. If you receive a warning that your password could not be reset, you are either using another email address as the one stored in your user account or no email address is stored. In both cases contact the io-key cloud administrator in your company. An administrator can reset your password. If you are the main administrator yourself, the email address you have entered during your first registration is saved automatically. If you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.